2020/2021 FTR Schedule

Troy Weeks

(EDIT by Moderator 7/11/2000 - Schedule posted - see post #10, below)

So I haven't heard any rumblings or guesses as to next season. Cancelling the last 4 of this 19/20 season was bad news. I don't know if many of us could handle any more bad news. Does anyway have any good news about next season? I see the Little Brown Jug" enduro for 9/5/20 is filling row assignments. IS this a hint as to next season?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
BOD approved a schedule last weekend. It should be posted soon. I recall there are 13 Hare Scrambles, with future discussion about adding one more possibly. First HS is CFTR later part of September.

RJ Huss

I believe the schedule was released on the FTR Facebook page the other day. If I knew how to screenshot and add to this post I would but it was on the FTR Facebook page.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
So, several people told me that it actually has been posted on FB for a week now. Maybe someone with a FB account can post it here? We would appreciate it.

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
So, several people told me that it actually has been posted on FB for a week now. Maybe someone with a FB account can post it here? We would appreciate it.
STILL no schedule posted. The one there is from last season. Some of us would like to begin preparing our calendar. Please, would the appropriate person get the approved upcoming schedule posted!

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Here you go - Official Schedule:

FTR 2020-2021 Competition Calendar
#​
HS/ Enduro​
Date​
Club​
Location​

1st​

Enduro​
Sept. 5th – 6th
LBJ

Union, SC.

1st​

HS​
Sept. 26th – 27th
CFTR

Bartow

2nd​

Enduro​
Oct. 3rd – 4th
CROOM

Brooksville

2nd​

HS​
Oct. 17th - 18th
ACMC

Hog Waller

3rd​

Enduro​
Oct. 31st - Nov. 1st
Perry Mountain

Maplesville, AL

3rd​

HS​
Oct. 31st - Nov. 1st
SADRA

Homeland

4th​

Enduro​
Nov. 7th – 8th
BSTR

Tavares

4th​

HS​
Nov. 14th- 15th
DDR

Ormond Beach

5th​

HS​
Nov. 21st – 22nd
BSTR

Tavares

6th​

HS​
Dec. 5th – 6th
OSDR

Punta Gorda

7th​

HS​
Jan. 2nd – 3rd
SCTB

Brooksville

8th​

HS​
Jan.16th – 17th
PBTTR

Okeechobee

5th​

Enduro​
Jan. 23rd – 24th
RCDR

TBD

9th​

HS​
Feb. 6th – 7th
TCTTR

Indiantown

10th​

HS​
Feb. 20th – 21st
Big O

Indiantown

6th​

Enduro​
Feb.27th – 28th
CFTR

Richloam

7th​

Enduro​
??????
DDR

Ormond Beach

11th​

HS​
Mar. 20th – 21st
NCTB

Dade City

12th​

HS​
Apr. 3rd – 4th
Apollo

TBD

13th​

HS​
Apr. 17th – 18th
RCDR

TBD

May 1st – 2nd
Rain Date

May 15th – 16th
Rain Date
May 29th – 30th
Rain Date

Troy Weeks

So let me be the one to say what some may not like. The Covid 19 Pandemic has had a bad impact on enough already. We lost the last 4 races of the 2019-2020 race season and now have lost the banquet. Enough is enough.
I thought we had a way to start a vote count on this forum. If someone knows how to do it please start one.
I think the members need to start expressing their opinion on the 2020-2021 season because before you know it that too will be adversely affected. Unless some government agency strictly forbids it I think we should have the season as currently approved. Each of us can social distance ourselves in the cow pastures.

David Kumanchik

I agree that we need to proceed with the season and do it in a responsible manner. We host outdoor events in a cow pasture so we already have a good place to start.

Let’s face it, some locations are probably not going to give us permits for our events. For the rest we should have a detailed plan that we can submit when the club’s apply. Hopefully FTR board members are already working on this.

Here are some ideas that come to mind. Requiring masks at signup and for the helpers on the starting grid. Clubs providing their workers larger areas to eat/take breaks so they can physically distance. Asking families to not go inside each other’s RVs, especially without masks. Clubs trying to provide as large a spectating area as possible so people can physically distance (including gas pit). I am sure with some planning we can make this season a success, it’s just going to take some additional effort.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Troy - Regarding polls: Go to any forum (not thread) and click the orange "Post Thread" box. At the bottom of that page, just above Post is a "Post a Poll" link.

Seems like Florida has already mandated that kids will start school, in-person, by August 15th. So, ALL the kids should already be exposed by our first HS in late Sept. Also, their parents. So, that just leaves us old folks. Personally, I'm not too worried, but not trying to impose my ideas on anyone else.

One thing - I think maybe FTR should subsidize each club for extra port-o-lets, or to have them cleaned-out 3x per day. Plenty of scientific evidence that Covid is present in human waste.

Maybe not have food vendors? Make everyone bring their own food?

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Also: The following was discussed at the last BOD meeting. Quote from official meeting minutes:

Discussion: Working with the county and CDC for the 1st event of the season for public
safety. Require sign up and tech crew to wear masks. Require everyone to sign a waiver for
no fault. Look into dead engine starts to keep distance on starting grid.