Banquet vs Covid-19

cbob house

Time for the elephant in the room . . . .

Despite all the conspiracy theories I treat the pandemic seriously. Big enclosed room, thousands of people . . . . . How is FTR safeguarding attendees from contracting the virus? This is beyond a homemade mask that too many don't wear properly anyway.

Even though I want to be there given the current conditions I won't be attending.

Best,
- c bob

Bill Toreki

Administrator
Club Representative
Area Director
OK, here is what I know (or have been told), as of today. Things could change.

Masks are required everywhere in Daytona. You need will to wear a mask to enter the Ocean Center. Once you get into the FTR room, it becomes a private function, and masks become optional (in eyes of the law). Obviously, masks are optional when seated at the eating tables. FTR MAY ask that you continue to wear mask inside the room while you are not seated. Obviously a good idea, but no decision yet as to making it a requirement. FTR will have spare clean masks available, if anyone needs one. There will be multilple hand sanitizer stations in the banquet room.

Currently, we are scheduled in the huge expo center. This would provide more than enough space to meet the requirement of <50% occupancy, and plenty of space for social distancing. Obviously, the dinner tables are closer quarters. Food will be delivered to the table with individual dinners Covered. Ticket form gave you a choice of steak or chicken, but actually all meals will be Combo steak and chicken.

As for the Hilton: As of today, masks required everywhere indoors, except in guest rooms. Bar and restaurants are open (mask exception, I suppose). Pool and beach are open. Spa and fitness center closed. Mask not required outdoors.

If Hilton runs out of FTR rate rooms, they also have Florida, Georgia, and Alabama resident special rates of $109 per night.

As of now (7/9/20), Banquet Ticket Deadline to purchase is Monday July 13th - in 4 days!

Troy Weeks

OK, here is what I know (or have been told), as of today. Things could change.

Obviously, masks are optional when seated at the eating tables.
I tried eating chicken wings a few days ago with my mask on and it didn't work out so well!!!

Troy Weeks

I seem to remember reading somewhere an explanation that the Hilton Resort would auto cancel our reservations since the banquet was cancelled. I remember a date of July 20th unless you contacted Hilton and asked to keep the reservation. I'm letting every know that I just had to cancel the reservation myself as it wasn't automatically cancelled.