CFTR Peace River HS 2020

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
CFTR is excited to welcome everyone to the 1st HareScramble of the FTR 2020/21 Season!

THE PEACE RIVER HARE SCRAMBLES 2020

See our Flyer for details:

AMA Minor Release:

AMA Adult Release:

Pre Entry:
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/member-info/event-preentry-system.php
https://www.ftrestore.org/login.asp

FTR Membership: www.floridatrailriders.org

AMA Membership: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/

Please Pre-Enter! This will make the sign-up process quicker for you. This will help give us more space to social distance.

We are encouraging all Peewee racers to come early to Saturday morning Sign-up, so you don’t get stuck in the lines.

Some things to note:

Go to the Home Page of FTR www.floridatrailriders.org and look for FAQ section - it may help answer some questions. Also, you can Post questions here and we will answer.

The Bartow property can be tricky to find and enter. CAUTION - WHEN ENTERING THE PROPERTY DO NOT STOP ON THE RAILROAD TRACKS. There are no arms that go up and down. The track is active. DO NOT STOP ON THE TRACKS.

Our Gate will close at Midnight and re-open at 6:00am

Bartow, Clear Springs Property
1.8 miles North of CR640 on US17
And approx. 5.5 miles South of Hwy 60 on US17

In the address bar of your browser try putting in just this:

27.845997,-81.824597

There is no physical address for this property

Health Consideration:
The CDC recommends persons who are sick with fever or cough, the elderly or those at high risk, to stay home. We do too. Please do not attend our event if this is you. See attached for our Safer to Race Information.

CFTR will be charging $60 for Post Entry and $30 for PeeWees. This is to encourage Pre-Entry. All proceeds will be donated to the FTR Scholarship Fund. See Details on our Flyer - link posted above and attached.

Every Adult entering the property must have an AMA Adult Release Waiver filled out to give to the Gate Worker or you cannot enter. You will need to fill one out at the gate if you don’t have one printed ahead of time and filled out. Please print and fill out ahead of time. We are trying to keep our gate volunteers safe and limit time spent at each vehicle.

Every Minor entering the property must have an AMA Yearly Minor Release Card or an AMA Minor Release Waiver filled out to give to the Gate Worker or you cannot enter. All minors in the vehicle must have a Minor Release Waiver Filled out or card or they will not be allowed on property. All Minors in the vehicle.

The Gate will issue everyone who has a signed AMA Release Waiver or annual Minor Card, a wristband. This wristband must be worn all weekend as long as you are on property.

You must have a current AMA membership to race. If you do not, you may sign up for AMA at the track. However, to alleviate congestion we are asking everyone to get your renewals done NOW, ahead of attending our event. If you need AMA membership sign up, please go to the AMA Sign up table FIRST as you will need to show your current paid membership at the CFTR trailer and at the FTR Trailer. If you cannot show your current paid AMA membership you will not be able to race. This is no different than what we have done in the past. Keep your AMA and FTR cards out, as you will show them multiple times.

AMA online membership - http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/ - The online process to receive your AMA cards in the mail can take several/many weeks. Keep with you any emailed receipt showing your current AMA membership. You will not be able to race without showing your current paid AMA membership.

All racers must have current FTR memberships. FTR also offers memberships online - www.floridatrailriders.org - You should bring your current membership card to show at signup. It takes a lot of extra time to search through the list if you don't have your card. Everyone will thank you for having your current paid membership cards!

You will find FTR Membership Form, Minor Release Form and Race Flyer Entry Form links in this post. Please have filled out before you show up to sign up. We are trying not to have a community Forms table to help with social distancing.
For Post Entry; once you have your AMA current membership, your current FTR membership, your Race Flyer filled out, and any Minor Release Forms filled out or AMA current minor release cards, then you proceed to the CFTR sign up trailer.

After that you are off to the FTR sign up to be registered into the race and receive your race armband. You will wear it proudly next to the property armband you received when you entered the property. You must wear both at all times.

There will be two dumpsters provided, so please carry your trash to it when leaving the property. We have a very good relationship with our Landowner and want to keep it that way! Clearing away your trash will greatly help us achieve this.

Looking forward to camping and seeing everyone!! Let's Go Racing!

Call with any questions 407-376-7115

Elesa
CFTR

Attachments

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
We would like to ask anyone who would like to cross over any trail to take pictures that they come to the CFTR sign up trailer and check out a "Photo Brapper" Lanyard. They will just write down their name next to the numbered Lanyard they take. Then return it when they are done. This way we can give them a safety briefing and general directions so they will be safe for themselves and others. Thank you for asking!

CFTR PhotoBrapper.jpg

Shaun Foutch

We would like to ask anyone who would like to cross over any trail to take pictures that they come to the CFTR sign up trailer and check out a "Photo Brapper" Lanyard. They will just write down their name next to the numbered Lanyard they take. Then return it when they are done. This way we can give them a safety briefing and general directions so they will be safe for themselves and others. Thank you for asking!

View attachment 215
A great effort by the club for sure.

RJ Huss

Just for planning purposes, is the parking area dry enough for a Diesel pusher or is there a high potential of getting stuck? I got stuck in it before and it is a bear to get out. lol.

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
Just for planning purposes, is the parking area dry enough for a Diesel pusher or is there a high potential of getting stuck? I got stuck in it before and it is a bear to get out. lol.
The parking is dry. The property and parking drains very well. If it rains day before on during event the parking will get wet but should still be ok, unless it is just a crazy amount unforeseen.

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
Just posting a bit of additional info here in case the new guys are looking around. All this and much much more is in the rule book. You can find the link to the rule book on the front page of the FTR website.

Saturday Race Schedule – PeeWee Course
Race 1 9:25 AM – 9:50 AM Peewee A
Race 2 9:55 AM – 10:15 AM Peewee B
Race 3 10:20 AM – 10:35 AM Peewee C
Race 4 10:40 AM – 11:10 AM Quad Super Peewee A
Race 5 11:15 AM – 11:40 AM Quad Super Peewee B
Race 6 11:45 AM – 12:05 PM

Row 1 Quad Peewee A
Row 2 Quad Peewee B

Saturday Tech - Signup & Practice Times
Signup and Tech Inspection 7:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Peewee A&B Practice 9:00 AM – 9:05 AM
Peewee C Practice 9:05 AM – 9:10 AM
Quad Practice (Big Track) 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
Peewee Quad Practice 9:10 AM – 9:15 AM
Super Peewee Quad Practice 9:15 AM – 9:20 AM
Bike Practice (Big Track) 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Sunday Race Signup 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Tech Inspection 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM

Saturday Race Schedule – Saturday Big Course
Riders Meeting at starting line 15 minutes before Mini-65 race
Race 7 12:15 PM – 1:45 PM
Row 1 - Mini A
Row 2 - Mini B
Row 3 - 65A
Row 4 - Mini C, Mini Girls
Row 5 - 65B
Row 6 - 65C, 65 Girls
Row 7 - Mini Beginner 1
Row 8 - Mini Beginner 2
Race 8 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Row 1 - Pre-Modern A
Row 2 - Junior A
Row 3 - Sportsman-2
Row 4 - Junior B
Row 5 - Pre-Modern B
Row 6 - Evolution, Pre-Modern Super Senior
Row 7 - Junior C, Junior Girls
Row 8 - Sportsman 1
Row 9 - Evolution Senior, Vintage
Row 10 – Beginner

Saturday Race Schedule – Saturday QUAD Course
Race 9 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM

Row 1 - Quad AA
Row 2 - Quad A
Row 3 - Quad B Open
Row 4 - Quad +30, Veteran Quad
Row 5 - Senior Quad, Super Senior Quad
Row 6 - Quad Utility Open
Row 7 - Women Quad, Master Quad
Row 8 - Quad C Open
Row 9 - Quad Junior
Row 10 - Women Vet Quad, Silver Master Quad

Sunday Tech - Signup & Practice Times
Signup and Tech Inspection 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Practice 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM

Sunday AM Race Schedule
Riders Meeting at starting line 10:00 AM
Race 1 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Row 1 - Vet A, Senior A
Row 2 - Super Senior A
Row 3 - Master A, Silver Master A
Row 4 - Vet B
Row 5 - Senior B, Women A
Row 6 - Super Senior B
Row 7 - Golden Master A
Row 8 - Master B
Row 9 - Silver Master B, Women Vet
Row 10 - Golden Master B, Elite Master
Row 11 - Vet C
Row 12 - Senior C
Row 13 - Super Senior C
Row 14 - Master C, Women B

Sunday PM Race Schedule
Race 2 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM

Row 1 – AA
Row 2 - A Open
Row 3 - A-250, A-200
Row 4 - +30
Row 5 - B Open
Row 6 - B-250
Row 7 - B-200
Row 8 - C Open
Row 9 - C-250
Row 10 - C-200

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
For the race this weekend please read this carefully. We are expecting a large amount of people and vehicles on the property. In order to accommodate every vehicle without turning anyone away you must park in a side by side fashion. NO CIRCLES. Leave unnecessary vehicles at home. Do Not Park in any Fire Lane. We are excited to host the first race and do not want to turn people away because we aren't parking efficiently enough. Thanks and see below for our Parking Map Layout so you can familiarize yourself.
1600735132085.png

Elesa Berard

Club Representative
Club Representative
Important safety Info about the race this weekend:

When you turn into the property DO NOT STOP on the Rail Road Tracks!
These are live tracks please DO NOT STOP on the tracks
There are no arms that go up and down - you must stop look and listen when crossing.

Gates will open at 3:00 on Friday
6:00am on Saturday and close at 12:00 midnight
6:00am on Sunday

Getting excited to see everyone! Let's Go Racing!

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
Not sure where to post this properly but feel it is paramount that we address it as an organization. I have an incident that occurred on pit lane during the afternoon race on Sunday that I would like to present to the officials without embellishment and see what sort of solutions could come of it.

While pitting for my son in the Open B class, we were at the far end of the grassy area as the pit lane looped around back to the course. While we were fueling the bike, giving water to our rider and changing goggles, a rider in the same class came through the pit lane at a high enough speed that he could not navigate the corner. I was told that the rider never stopped for any service. I wouldn't know, my back was to him as he came through. I was between my son's bike and this rider. We were not in the middle of the pit lane, we were mere inches from the outer red ribbon perimeter.

The rider lost control on the coarse grass and slid at considerable speed into the backs of my calves trying to navigate the corner. One second I was helping my boy, the next I was on my back wondering what the heck had just happened. As you might imagine, I gave this fella an earful of expletive laden.... thanks. He apologized and went about his business returning to the course. I am not one to hold grudges. It was a mistake. Mistakes happen.

With the number of riders we have, someone at the official level has got to start thinking of limiting speeds on pit lane in a circumstance like this particular one. If you are not stopping for service, what is the point of flying through pit lane? It endangered many people. I took the brunt of this one myself and luckily didn't receive permanent harm. It could have went much differently, resulting in broken bones, torn achilles tendons, burns or a head injury. This was not a minor love tap. It was A TOTAL TAKE OUT from me fully standing upright to ending up sprawled out on my back on top of the rider and his bike.

I will leave it in your laps, officials and club members putting these events on. Does this circumstance warrant a change and some sort of limits on pit lane....or are we going to sweep it under the rug as an anomaly and ignore it UNTIL someone is injured seriously?

Hi all- left a pair of Oakley Goggles on the trail during my third lap of the Sunday AM race, figured it was worth a shot to see who I might need to ask to see if someone grabbed and turned them in? Thanks!

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Mike Rewis- I understand your concern, but not sure exactly what rule could be made, or how it would be enforced fairly. Need suggestions.

One thing, now that I think about it, is the Gas Pit area often seems more like a spectator area than an actual pit area. It is crowded with golf carts, lawn chairs, dogs, and little children right up to the edge of the ribbon. At lest 75% of the people in that area are just spectators rather than actually being there to service a bike. I am guilty of that myself. I think if the area was a little more restricted and less crowded, maybe it would help. If this topic grows, I will move it to it's own thread.

Wolfgang Neuwirth

Make Pit row with a forced 180 turn. That would allow for it to be shorter, but maybe a little wider....? and it would definitely slow people down.
Mike, I saw what happened to you and yes, that rider never stopped for any reason. I think he got confused and entered by accident?

Tom Missimer

Thank you to CFTR and all the workers for providing a challenging and well executed event, I really enjoyed it. After more than 6 months of being told where I can go and what I can do by politicians and newscasters it was great to experience a "normal" day in the fresh air with fellow dirt bike riders. Thank you FTR for moving ahead with the racing season.