Golden Master Quad

Mike Ferguson

Date: February 9, 2020
To: Florida Trail Riders, Hare Scrambles Committee
Re: Creating Quad Golden Master Class

Presently the hare scrambles quad silver master category is growing and has a diverse number or riders that regularly participate. These riders are aging and have a varied level of skill, stamina, and talents. Thankfully the advances in health care appear to be working and riders are staying active much longer than previous generations and the robust economy allows funds to be available for discretionary activities and adventures.
Beyond this revelation there is also a contingency of very competitive racers who are age eligible for the present quad silver master’s class and or close to age eligible for the quad silver master’s class. With these riders potentially coming to the class it has the propensity to grow into a heavily populated class with a vast differential of age, skills, and talents.
I am requesting the new class / category title Golden Master Quad be established to give all racers the opportunity to continue racing in a fair and competitive category. This addition would give all riders a reasonable and fair opportunity to race and enjoy successful results while racing with riders of similar age, talent levels and abilities. This class addition offers senior age quad racers a similar system of class offerings and progressions that are currently afforded to other senior level groups within FTR and other sanctioning bodies.

I am requesting a change / amendment / addition to the rule(s) presently listed in the 2019 - 2020 FTR rule book.
I propose adding a new Quad Golden Master Class to the hare scrambles, quad category.
  • Quad Golden Master,
  • Age 60 and up,
  • Displacement 0 – open cc,
  • Plate color, Gold with Black numbers no letters,
  • Race 10, Saturday 3:45 pm.
The rule(s) I am requesting be changed / amended / added will affect and need to be added to the following pages of the 2019 / 2020 Florida Trail Riders Rule Book,
  • Chapter III General Rules, Section D, Rider Classifications, Pages 15 – 16, Section L, Competition, Apparel and Equipment, Page 20
  • Chapter VI Hare Scrambles Rules, Section A General # 11, Page 29, Section C. Event, # 8. Saturday Race Schedule, Race 9 Page 30
  • Chapter VII Hare Scrambles Scoring, B. Championship Series Points System, Section C # 2 Page 35
  • Chapter VIII Hare Scrambles Responsibilities, Section B Riders, # 3 Page 37
  • Page 43, Hare Scrambles Number Plate requirements Classes, Number plate colors, letters, and number colors,
I am requesting these changes / amendments / additions to become effective at the start of the 2020 – 2021 hare scramble season.

Sincerely,

Mike Ferguson

Allan Santor

The quad Silver Master Class over the last ten races has had virtually no growth. The rider count for the races 1 through 10 are as follows... 8, 7, 8, 10, 9, 6, 9, 8, 8, and 9 riders for a total of 82 participants which is an 8.2 average. Despite the claims of growth, this is a stagnate class and creating another class will just add expense to the hosting club for trophies, and work load to the score keeping process. We have way too many classes as it is now, adding another is just ridiculous. My two cents.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
This proposal passed the HS committee on Feb 12 by 13-2 on first vote. My current understanding is that the next HS meeting will be at the banquet (and then needs to be approved by BOD, also at banquet presumably). I may have been one of the dissenting votes.