Palm Beach Track & Trail Riders 1968 to 1974

Fred Storm

Sam Boydstun

Area 8 Board of Directors
Thanks

Thanks for posting these Fred. I recognized several Apollo members in the enduro results. I think I rode the very last PBT&T enduro sometime in the 80's.

ROBERT D'ANGELO

Thanks Fred,,, I spent hours looking at those pics SO cool.I saw some of the bigs shots out there had campers on the back of there pickups LOL.Can you imagine the firestorm that would erupt if they made us go through some of the stuff you guys rode with no suspension,I loved the pic of the bridges you guys used(piled up plywood and pallets)rof1rof1wonder what Donny would have said about thatbikr

Gary Wyatt

Life Member
Thanks Fred, great pictures. Paul and Anita were so young then. Two of the great FTR members from the legendary PBT&TR of the early days.

Fred Storm

Fred, are you sure these were from Croom. I wasn't riding bikes then, but camped at Croom in the late 60's and this terrain does not look like the Croom area. It looks more like what I have seen at Richloam.

Mike
Iâ??m not sure Mike. The guy that sent it to me identified it as Croom. The first enduro I remember riding at Croom was a 106 miler that went from Croom to Richloam and back put on by Jim Hines (1st FTR president) & Bill Parish from Sarasota. There was a deep water crossing not far from the start they told us not to even try riding across. The water may have been Gator Slew. If it was, we must have gone from Richloam to Croom and back. I know I rode that DT-1 in that enduro. I rode it in all Florida Enduros and The Stone Mountain Nationals in Dalton Georgia in â??68 & 69.

Fred

Enduro Class 66
Class of 66 16 X
Treasure Coast Trail Riders
Palm Beach Track and Trail Riders