Poll: Should we proceed with 2020/21 Race Season?

Should we make every effort to proceed responsibly with the 2020/21 schedule.

• Total voters

Troy Weeks

So Covid 19 has interfered with FTR in my opinion in a very bad way. We lost the last 4 races of the 19/20 season and now the banquet. In my opinion we have to make every effort to have as close to normal a life as we can even in these unsure times. So with his said we have the following question to answer.

Allan Santor

I understand your frustration Troy, and we all would like to race again as usual, but it's not up to us no matter how we vote. The land owners are the ones who control our fate, and if they feel there is a greater liability to having several hundred people gather on their property, don't expect to see many races this year. just saying, it's not in our control.

Mel Cunningham

I still believe we can hold races (if the landowners are willing) but it's going to be a matter of everyone being responsible and adhering to the COVID19 rules which require face coverings and social distancing.

I look forward to having a season and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Troy Weeks

The poll was for the point of letting the members of FTR voice their collective opinion to the FTR officers as to their desire for the season. I believe the FTR officers should know what the WILL of the PEOPLE is so they can work for us in that fashion. I'm sure, as I have faith in our people that they will do what they can.
I'd even be willing to race on the same proper numerous times if any of the clubs have landowners who are OK with making the EXTRA MONEY.

Allan Santor

Not a bad idea, multiple races on one property. If a land owner steps and the property is adequate for repeat use, it might allow us a few or more races. I'm not going to be too picky at this point. We still have a couple of months to go before the first scheduled race, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Allan Santor
Class 66 #17x
SADRA
AMA
Pinky Lee Fan Club

Troy Weeks

Not a bad idea, multiple races on one property. If a land owner steps and the property is adequate for repeat use, it might allow us a few or more races. I'm not going to be too picky at this point. We still have a couple of months to go before the first scheduled race, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Allan Santor
Class 66 #17x
SADRA
AMA
Pinky Lee Fan Club
So does this mean you are going to change your vote? This post doesn't sound like your vote to me!

Troy Weeks

So I think the question most important to ask is
Have any clubs had conversation with Land Owners yet to get their position on this?

Randy Faul

FTR President
FTR Official
Club Representative
All good comments here, I agree. FTR is already coming up with a plan to stay as close to social distancing guidelines as possible. If we are going to be positive and work within these guidelines then we will be able to start our series on time. I have already contacted the landowner for the Bartow properties which includes the CFTR, SADRA and the Sunrunners locations and they are okay with us having our events as long as we follow the guidelines. Like Mel said, as long as we be responsible, we should be able to hold events. Things like; each person will have their own pen for gate releases and sign up, plexiglass barrier on sign up trailers, signage reminding of social distancing, face coverings when away from your camp which includes sign up, walking around, pit area, starting line. Sitting on our bikes with no holders on the line except peewees and minis is being talked about. Nobody likes what is going on but it has become part of our daily lives and will continue for some time until this gets under control, but in the mean time we need try and have some type of life and being apart of FTR and having events is part of our life. This is going to be different, but the GNCC is making it work, the Loretta Lynns event is going to make it work as Tim Cotter of MX sports has already laid out their plans and there is some major changes there, go to Instagram @ t_cotter . FTR has already been working with CFTR with ideas, a plan to start our season and the implementation. Everyone will need to follow the request/recommendations when entering the property. We can make this work and as long as we don't have folks resisting, we can have a series. Whether we believe everything that is going on or not, we have to be proactive and put our members safety first.

Troy Weeks

All good comments here, I agree. FTR is already coming up with a plan to stay as close to social distancing guidelines as possible. If we are going to be positive and work within these guidelines then we will be able to start our series on time. I have already contacted the landowner for the Bartow properties which includes the CFTR, SADRA and the Sunrunners locations and they are okay with us having our events as long as we follow the guidelines. Like Mel said, as long as we be responsible, we should be able to hold events. Things like; each person will have their own pen for gate releases and sign up, plexiglass barrier on sign up trailers, signage reminding of social distancing, face coverings when away from your camp which includes sign up, walking around, pit area, starting line. Sitting on our bikes with no holders on the line except peewees and minis is being talked about. Nobody likes what is going on but it has become part of our daily lives and will continue for some time until this gets under control, but in the mean time we need try and have some type of life and being apart of FTR and having events is part of our life. This is going to be different, but the GNCC is making it work, the Loretta Lynns event is going to make it work as Tim Cotter of MX sports has already laid out their plans and there is some major changes there, go to Instagram @ t_cotter . FTR has already been working with CFTR with ideas, a plan to start our season and the implementation. Everyone will need to follow the request/recommendations when entering the property. We can make this work and as long as we don't have folks resisting, we can have a series. Whether we believe everything that is going on or not, we have to be proactive and put our members safety first.
I knew you Guys and Ladies were working on it. I hope we are able to keep to what you have said so far.

cbob house

Randy, you don't even mention enduros, which is the first race of the season. It makes me question if FTR leadership is giving enduros a fair deal or if enduros are the "red headed stepchild".

BTW, NEPG is making it work. ALL race staff wear a mask. Riders register alone (no girl friends) and wearing a mask (bring your own pen, plastic screens in place). There's no physical riders meeting - Riders meeting is on the NEPG web page. Results are NOT posted at the tent, online only through LiveLaps. Riders are asked to park with 10 ft distance between vehicles (not too difficult). And more . . . . .

I don't know what process Greenville Enduro Riders has in plan for Covid-19 precautions. You might want to touch base with them.

Best
- c bob house

Troy Weeks

Randy, you don't even mention enduros, which is the first race of the season. It makes me question if FTR leadership is giving enduros a fair deal or if enduros are the "red headed stepchild".

BTW, NEPG is making it work. ALL race staff wear a mask. Riders register alone (no girl friends) and wearing a mask (bring your own pen, plastic screens in place). There's no physical riders meeting - Riders meeting is on the NEPG web page. Results are NOT posted at the tent, online only through LiveLaps. Riders are asked to park with 10 ft distance between vehicles (not too difficult). And more . . . . .

I don't know what process Greenville Enduro Riders has in plan for Covid-19 precautions. You might want to touch base with them.

Best
- c bob house
The title of the the thread is
"Should we make every effort to proceed responsibly with the 2020/21 schedule."
If Enduros are on the schedule then they are "red headed stepchildren" like the rest of us. I believe Randy is answering in the context of the schedule in it's entirety which includes Enduros. I think, and believe it is most likely happening, that clubs are having this conversation with land owners.

Allan Santor

So does this mean you are going to change your vote? This post doesn't sound like your vote to me!
To answer your question Troy, I'm still on the fence because just last week where I work, we lost a colleague and of friend of mine to the virus. I worked with him daily for the last 7-1/2 years. He tested positive on July 8th, was told to go home, he didn't want to cause he said he "felt fine." 10 days later he was dead. It was way too close to home for me, and proved to me just how deadly this virus is. I don't do well will colds and the flu, so I need to be more than a little careful. Trust me, I want to race as much as the next guy, but if we were to lose a FTR family member to this crap, I would really feel bad that it may have been prevented. I know it sucks what we all have to go through in our daily lives now, but what else can we do. I hope this clarifies my vote.

Randy Faul

FTR President
FTR Official
Club Representative
I was referring to the series in general, I used the Bartow property as an example.

cbob house

I was referring to the series in general, I used the Bartow property as an example.
Going back to a property for a 3rd time in a season might get pretty boring, not to mention the abuse to the property. With 13 HS on the schedule it might practical to cut the HS season back a few races.

Many FTR riders wait until the first race to renew membership. If I remember right NEPG doesn't have AMA signup at their races to limit paper handling / personal interaction. An NEPG rider must have an AMA card or a receipt before the race.

Every effort should be made to get riders to renew FTR and AMA memberships on-line well in advance of the first race.

Best,
- c bob

Randy Faul

FTR President
FTR Official
Club Representative
The Bartow property has three locations, the events are referred to as Bartow as all three are near or in Bartow.

FTR has announced and will continue to remind everyone to get their memberships from both FTR and AMA. We also are reminding our minors to get their minor release card now so there's less paper work to do at the gate and sign up.

We have too many new riders to not allow membership sign up the weekend of.

FTR is also encouraging pre entry and will push that process as we get closer to the first event.

Emails have been circulating through the EC as we speak as we are also working on a plan to social distance at our events with input from AMA, Pro Sports, CDC and the local government.

Lots going on behind the scenes daily

Randy Faul

FTR President
FTR Official
Club Representative
I have also inquired about the up coming LBJ event, our enduro chairman is looking into it and will ask if there's any special requirements for the event.
Stay tuned.

Troy Weeks

I have also inquired about the up coming LBJ event, our enduro chairman is looking into it and will ask if there's any special requirements for the event.
Stay tuned.
Man did I know with you as President it would be getting done. Thank everyone on my behalf for all their hard work towards next season.

Mel Cunningham

I want to start off by thanking Randy for putting time and effort into working thru the Covid situation and trying to make the new season happen. This is why you are our Prez and a leader we believe in.

I'm also a little disappointed in the number of members who actually voted on the issue of holding the new season. There has been past criticism about not being able to be involved in the club due to how difficult it is/was to do so. Here is a very simple way to be active and have input yet (as of writing this) there was only 37 members who voted.

I for one am very excited about having the new season begin and I look forward to seeing all the FTR friends and families soon.

Stay safe and healthy...Mel