St Mary's Shoals Enduro

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Hi Cbob - I notice the flyer says that spark arrester is required. Is this accurate, since FTR no longer requires one?

David Schumacher

8. USFS-approved Spark Arrestors may be required on competition vehicles for specific events by individual Clubs, Promoters, Land-Owners, or Government Agencies, and public notice of any such requirement shall be posted on the official FTR website at least 30 days prior to the event. For example, Enduros on public land require a Spark Arrestor. Race vehicles will be inspected for compliance prior to the start of such events

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Yes, I know the rule. I wrote the text for it actually. But, that doesn't answer the question as to whether SA is actually required for this event, or just a carry-over "relic" on the flyers.

Mel Cunningham

Bill,

I believe in the reply from David, it reads "Enduros on public land require a Spark Arrestor". I've never done this race previously but I believe it is run in a state park??

David Schumacher

Just to clarify, this property is owned by Baker county and I did ask to confirm and Spark arrestors are required for this event.

Last edited:

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Bill,

I believe in the reply from David, it reads "Enduros on public land require a Spark Arrestor". I've never done this race previously but I believe it is run in a state park??
I see that now. Should probably have said "may" or "usually", but David's post above has clarified it now for this event.