Sunday Proposal - Move VET classes to Afternoon?

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
I did some counting, and we consistently have more than twice as many Sunday AM riders than PM. Sunday AM field is getting HUGE with our higher turnouts, and will likely grow even more. Here is the data for 5 random races last season. Idea is to move Vet A, B, and C to Sunday PM. It will even things out, but we will still have bigger field in morning. Would make for less congestion, and probably safer. Chart shows numbers before and after adjusting. This would also eliminate two rows needed on Sunday AM (or make room to split some other rows).
2020-2021 FTR Sunday Participation Numbers:

Existing Proposed
Event AM Vet PM AM PM
HS-1 CFTR 370 81 169 289 250
HS-3 SAD 329 72 155 257 227
HS-7 PBTT 301 49 136 252 185
HS-9 NCTB 308 72 129 236 201
HS-10 SR 243 45 94 198 139

Proposed Rows - Change to Chapter VI, Section C-9 (Event Schedule), page 32:

Race 1 ........................................................10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Row 1 - Senior A
Row 2 - Super Senior A
Row 3 - Master A, Silver Master A
Row 4 - Senior B, Women A
Row 5 - Super Senior B
Row 6 - Golden Master A
Row 7 - Master B
Row 8 - Silver Master B, Women Vet
Row 9 - Golden Master B, Elite Master
Row 10 - Senior C
Row 11 - Super Senior C
Row 12 - Master C, Women B

Race 2 ........................................................1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Row 1 - AA
Row 2 - A Open
Row 3 - A-250, A-200
Row 4 - +30, Vet-A
Row 5 - B Open
Row 6 - B-250
Row 7 - B-200, Vet B
Row 8 - C Open
Row 9 - C-250
Row 10 - C-200, Vet C

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
It will never pass, it makes too much sense. Kind of like moving quads to Sunday afternoon. There you go, its been said now!

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
HS-3 (SADRA) had 311 riders Sunday AM (not counting DNFs) and Sunday PM had only 143 racers. If this is not a problem, then why not just put Everyone in the Sunday morning race and we can all go home at 1PM?

Robert Breakfield

Has anyone ever suggested swapping all the Sunday AM A riders for the Sunday PM B and C riders? It might not drastically change the ratio, i.e. still more AM riders than PM riders, but at least all the fast AA and A riders would be racing together and all the "not as fast" B and C riders would be racing together. The A riders would no longer have to deal with lapping all of us "not as fast" riders (in both the AM and PM races), and all of us "not as fast" riders like myself wouldn't have to be demoralized when the A riders go by us like we're sitting still lol. Maybe logistically impossible (probably answered my own question), but just wondered if it had ever been suggested.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Has anyone ever suggested swapping all the Sunday AM A riders for the Sunday PM B and C riders? It might not drastically change the ratio, i.e. still more AM riders than PM riders, but at least all the fast AA and A riders would be racing together and all the "not as fast" B and C riders would be racing together. The A riders would no longer have to deal with lapping all of us "not as fast" riders (in both the AM and PM races), and all of us "not as fast" riders like myself wouldn't have to be demoralized when the A riders go by us like we're sitting still lol. Maybe logistically impossible (probably answered my own question), but just wondered if it had ever been suggested.
Yes, I suggested exactly that a few years back, but did not make an actual proposal because it seemed to have little support. Also, that would involve moving a larger number of riders. Also, there would be twice as many classes in each race, and number plate colors would be a problem.

As for the current "Move Vet A, B, and C to PM race", I am suggesting that Vet keep their current Red background, and AA be changed to White background with Red numbers. That way, fewer riders need to change plates.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
This proposal has now passed on 2nd vote of the HS committee. Still must be approved by the Board of Directors. Vet classes will keep using Red number plate backgrounds.