suspension

Jeremy Black

Looking for information on getting suspension set up for HS's..
I'm in the Tampa Bay area, anyone close?

Thank you!!!

J

Jerry Bean

I don't think TF racing is that far from Tampa.
TF and Doug Harvey are at most of the h/s races too.

Edit* I think Six12 is in Tampa as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

marc kinley

I'm considering having suspension work done also. I have done some of my own in the past and used Race Tech stuff and when I had bought the gold valves you got a lot of good info. And if you do it your self then you know whats in there. I know that at the races on Sunday i see alot of TF stickers are on bikes. Not to steal Jerrys thread but I also noticed in the FTR mag Maley Motorsports has an add, any one have any info on them?

Greg Melka

i have seen Tom F can do good work, but i have some -FTR friends in Tampa that can't even get him to return calls. Im sure there are others (noted in posts above) but i haven't yet worked with them.

My friend and FTR racer Eric Grey, GMD Computrac ft. lauderdale, can do stuff. Box up the fork/shock and ship them to him. I like the RaceTech harescramble setup, and he's a RaceTech certified guy. 954-786-2875

If local in Tampa, my friend Dave Warr at Eliete Performance can do your stuff too.. i have had him service my dirt bike suspension a number of times and is also a RaceTech certified guy.. 813-920-0428

race tech obviously can have applications for any motorcycle racing, from roadracing, supermoto, mx/sc, to enduro/offroad. There is a difference in a harescrambe (enduro/offroad) setup vs. a firm mx/sx setup. There is a compromise as well, so don't expect a woods/offroad bike to perform as well on an mx track as it did if setup well for big jumps and fast whoops.
getting the gold valves is only 1 part of the equation. having the support from RaceTech after the purchase is key. Both my bikes were "in the ballpark", my 08 had more issues though and was too stiff based on the website build sheet. RT was quick to make the adjustments and send us the right shim stack, and suggest a bigger bleed hole for the gold valve.. etc. I'm just saying getting it to work right is not as cut and dry as one may be led to believe. The rider needs to make some input to get the full benefit.

there are many ways to get suspension to "work".. i'm not saying my advice above is the best way to go about things, but it has worked ok for me.

Last edited:
M

marc kinley

Thank you everyone for the information... Really looking to get suspension set up!!
Hey Jeremy not sure but if your looking for race sag, clicker setting and that kind of stuff you might want t give us a little info on what you have. Bike size, brand, your riding back ground. Everyone has different setting and everyone has different ride styles. What I did on my old XR days I got with Race Tech bought the gold valve kit and would test the bike, change what I thought the bike needed and change again It was all very time consuming but I got the thing flying its was a 250 and I was out running the 400 back then. And I did it all on my own, it going to be really hard for someone to just tell you what setting you we'll need. There is no really easy fix out there if there was everyone would do it.

Greg Melka

Hey Jeremy not sure but if your looking for race sag, clicker setting and that kind of stuff you might want t give us a little info on what you have. Bike size, brand, your riding back ground. Everyone has different setting and everyone has different ride styles. What I did on my old XR days I got with Race Tech bought the gold valve kit and would test the bike, change what I thought the bike needed and change again It was all very time consuming but I got the thing flying its was a 250 and I was out running the 400 back then. And I did it all on my own, it going to be really hard for someone to just tell you what setting you we'll need. There is no really easy fix out there if there was everyone would do it.
I would agree, suspension valving and setup is not a "one and done" kinda deal. As i mentioned in an earlier post, i was back and forth with RT a few times before we got things dialed in. This is one benefit of paying a few bucks for the gold valve kit.. on the phone tech support to steer you in the right direction AFTER you ride the bike a bit.

James hill

FTR Official
TF Racings phone has not been working. I work for the phone company down here and I had tried to call him to do work for me and could not get ahold of him so i went out there and fixed the phone line for him. You should be able to get in touch with him. If you left a message he was not able to receive them so call him back and you should get through.

+1 Ronnie monk with six twelve. Quick turn around, great price and you can call him anytime with questions about setup. 813-714-2038.

S

SIX12 Suspension

I am happy to help anyone with any questions on their set ups or if you are looking to get some work done. I have joined up with RaceTech and now offering their Gold Valve's and parts. Just let me know if I can be of any help in any way. My phone is always on!

Ronnie Monk
SIX12/RaceTech Susupension

Jeremy Black

I am happy to help anyone with any questions on their set ups or if you are looking to get some work done. I have joined up with RaceTech and now offering their Gold Valve's and parts. Just let me know if I can be of any help in any way. My phone is always on!

Ronnie Monk
SIX12/RaceTech Susupension
Can't wait to try it out!!! Good meeting you at Dade last weekend..

A

Anthony Cardullo

Is there somebody at the races that can exchange fork springs right then and there? I have a set of heavier spring.

M

michael sacco

contact them this week so they will be expecting you and are prepared ! always good to give them a heads up! so they can fit you in before or after your race!