PDA

View Full Version : How Many?!?!

mike hubbard
11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Mr Riddle, how many Quads showed up at Bartow? Looked like a good turnout.

Joe DiFranco
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
good question, it seems every race our numbers go up. it was good to see some old faces again.Hopefully this is a trend in the right direction.See you all on dec. 5th .Have a good turkey day
pilg1

Brian Morris
11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I just counted them from the scoring and it says 101 entries with two of those working. So 99 racers.

Michael Riddle
11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Brian has done the math(correctly also). It was great to see so many quads. One row had over 20. Also, we had at least one have to bow out after the practice lap. (Still great to see you Tom T.)I wanted to race, but after weeks of pounding wood stakes into "concrete", I decided to wait until Myakka. There is supposed to be a lot of new land opened up for the next race. Hope you all have a safe holiday, eat lots of turkey and ham, but not too much pie. Myakka is next w/epiehiflip1

Rob Catterton
11-30-2009, 10:13 AM
One row had over 20. piehiflip1

That would be row 7... Made for a great start!

James Morris
11-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I worked this race so sorry guys for no helmet camera video of the track during the race, but I recorded the start and quads comming through on the second lap which I posted in the video section. The quality isn't great (editing with Movie Maker and the uploading on bliptv distorts it) but it helps to show the large number of quads at Bartow. Can't wait for Myakka!goracingflip1

Doug Robertson
12-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Providing I get my quad assembled in time, I will be joining you at Myakka. This will be my first race and Iím really excited about meeting you all. I watched you guys in Okeechobee and it motivated me enough to join FTR and AMA.
Best regards

Rob Catterton
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Providing I get my quad assembled in time, I will be joining you at Myakka. This will be my first race and Iím really excited about meeting you all. I watched you guys in Okeechobee and it motivated me enough to join FTR and AMA.
Best regards

Welcome! Myakka should be a lot of fun!

Joe DiFranco
12-01-2009, 07:23 PM
welcome Doug to row 7 ,this is where all the fun is. This row always makes for an exciting start. After your first race you will be hooked like the rest of us. See you all on saturday
goracing

Doug Robertson
12-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Do they clump the Super Senior and the Seniors together?

Rob Catterton
12-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Do they clump the Super Senior and the Seniors together?

Yes, and the Veterans as well.

Doug Robertson
12-02-2009, 10:06 AM
That will make for a very large group. I will be definitely hanging way back on the start. On the other hand since I am riding a 200cc quad I will be way in the back anyway! lol

Joe DiFranco
12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I've heard a few guys on the line say they are going to hang back, but when you here the horn, addrenaline takes over and before you know it your in the middle of the pack.
just get ready to have a blast and always looking forward to the next race

goracing

Michael Riddle
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
No Clumping, please. The Senior & S senior row is not as long, but they are all pretty fast. I don't think you will have to hang back. The row you have to watch out for is the row behind you. Just Kidding (sort of). See y'all this weekend. turthorse

Gregory Bryant
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
It is a Club decision to split the rows if lines are too long for the start.

This has been done at the last 2 HS ...........flip1

mike hubbard
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
It is a Club decision to split the rows if lines are too long for the start.

This has been done at the last 2 HS ...........flip1
If it didn't take an act from God, Vets could just move up to Row 6 and leave more room for us old guys. Remember we need room for our walkers and Quads! rof1 bugg23

Joe DiFranco
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
and don't forget to look out for our blue handicap stickers on our number plates
bugg23

Gregory Bryant
12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
If it didn't take an act from God, Vets could just move up to Row 6 and leave more room for us old guys. Remember we need room for our walkers and Quads! rof1 bugg23

no act of gad required, just direction from the trail boss if the line is too long and presents a unsafe situation.

Sat. Race 6 row 5 Evo C and Junior C will move up one row after rwo 4 goes off

Sun Race 1 row 9 will split SSR C and Golden Master B (not sure which goes first)

this willl be the third race this has been done

mike hubbard
12-03-2009, 09:07 PM
no act of gad required, just direction from the trail boss if the line is too long and presents a unsafe situation.

Sat. Race 6 row 5 Evo C and Junior C will move up one row after rwo 4 goes off

Sun Race 1 row 9 will split SSR C and Golden Master B (not sure which goes first)

this willl be the third race this has been done
I thought it would take proposal and all that stuff and take a season to move classes to different rows. That wold be great if I was wrong. Row 7 is always big and I think we've been really lucky so far for the past two seasons. Well, to think about it maybe it's because we all are older but wiser and remember we all have to go to work come Monday. See you all Saturday! goracing

Kenneth Brening
12-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Move the VET guys to the 30+A line that no one has been on all year. This would move 5 to 6 guys out of that line. I think its a great idea!!xmasdance

Paul ladouceur
12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Move the VET guys to the 30+A line that no one has been on all year. This would move 5 to 6 guys out of that line. I think its a great idea!!xmasdance

That sounds GREAT to me!!!!!!!goracing

Rob Catterton
12-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Unless something unplanned happens my brother is planning on running his first HS at this event. He will be running the Veterans class. So add another quad to row 7!..

Going to be kind of cool weekend for me. My brother running with the Vets and my daughter running her 3rd race in the Quad Juniors! It's a great time in FTR!!!

Can't forget to mention that my nephew is running his first HS this wekend also. Not a quad however. Running in the 2 wheeler beginners on Saturday..

goracing

Joe DiFranco
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I also have a freind that is coming, he hasn't raced in 3 years. He is coming back and joining us on row 7 in the vet class. Should make a exciting first turn.
goracing