FTR Forums  

Go Back   FTR Forums > New Users > New? Start Here

New? Start Here Welcome - Rules and FAQ's

Old 03-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Bonnie George

Thumbs up

Welcome, please tell us a bit about yourself, post pictures and show off your bike.

To Post a picture or image on this Forum it must be hosted somewhere on the internet with a valid URL (web address).

If the picture is already hosted elsewhere on the web you can use the URL from that image by "Right" clicking on your mouse over the image, then click on "Properties", here you will see the URL, it will start with: http:// highlight all the address and copy and paste into your post by Clicking the IMAGE button (this is the button above your post).

If the picture is not hosted anywhere on the web then you will need to join a FREE hosting company to obtain a URL, then follow the steps above.

Find free image hostings sites here:

LINK
Old 04-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Bonnie George

I'm Billy, 51, from NJ. Been riding just about my whole like. Getting used to riding a four stroke!!!!Have some great vintage CZs amd Montesa that I cant wait to get in Florida dirt. My lady and I have been Florida house hunting for awhile. Just a matter of time before we find the right house. Looks like there are some good places to ride in Florida. Plus, I dont think I'll be needing my snowblower anymore!!! Looking to become active in a few clubs with a great bunch of riders. I'll help anyway I can.

Billy Spahr

czguybilly@yahoo.com
Old 04-09-2006, 11:21 AM

Just joined the site and want to get info on new guys who want to start racing, whats the best route. Maybe MX school, anyone know of a good one?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Go to the FTR main page and on the left side about half way down there is a link to MX tracks. Check out the website of a the track(s) in your area. Many of them offer schools from time to time.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:43 PM

I've lurked across the site often the past few years. I just joined the other day, after a member asked me to run a HS with him. He mentioned he was a member of the FTR, and suggested I check out the site and consider joining online.

I took a few years off with a knee injury and just did get a new bike a few weeks ago. It's almost like being new all over again. I've certainly got slow in my old age! I ride an '03 YZ 250 now.

I also introduced my girlfriend to the sport. I had her hooked from day one on my friends four wheeler. Less than a week later, she bought her own. She rides an '07 Honda TRX 250. She is completey "green" to the sport, but rides really well so far. ?

We just ride for fun for the most part, although I think I'd like to run a HS or maybe even an enduro. Right now we ride out in Lake Butler and sometimes Ocala ( we live in Jacksonville). We are always looking for more places to ride!

Thanks for taking the time to read my babble....WE look forward to meeting many of you.

Brad & Lindsey
Old 10-18-2006, 03:43 PM

Well welcome Brad & Lindsey to our FTR family we hope to see ya at QS#2 ! Maybe Lindsey will try her natural skills in the womans class!!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:55 PM

Hello FTR.
I am a newbie to the dirt scene.
I am an avid sport biker (www.seductivecycles.com) and decided it was time to get back into dirt riding after a 10 year layoff.
I am looking into trying the hare scrambles. It sounds like fun and will be good excercise for me... I am 42 years old and ride a Honda CR-250R.

I want to ride more and am always looking for a fun ride somewhere.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Bonnie George

Exclamation

Welcome Jay.

Feel free to check out our Member Guide and Rule Book on the Homepage to see what FTR is all about.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:09 AM

I am new to this site, I regularly ride at pax trax. 34 yrs old been riding dirt bikes since I was 8 just getting into motocross in the last few years. I was riding a kx 500 but I wrecked pretty bad at pax about 3 yrs ago. recently bought a cr 450 and am back out there having fun. I met some very nice guy's from FTR at the practice session saturday april 14th at pax I am considering getting into the vet class racing. I never competed in motocross before and consider myself an entry level rider. I just love riding and don't need to break bones lol.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
MX Referee

If you want to start out in MX with a great group think about the +35 No Jump class. It sounds like you may be eligible soon depending when your birthday is. You jump but you can't clear table tops or double jumps. It's great for those of us that want to race but can't risk a big injury. Injuries can still occur if you do any racing.

Hare Scrambles are another great option and there are Beginners classes that run Saturday on the shorter and wider course. This is primarily cross country type racing where Saturday's they race up to 1.5 hours and one lap is normally about 6 or 7 miles. Sunday is a bike only course, laps are about 10 to 12 miles and races are 2 hours long. Sunday has Veteran classes +35 and up or you can run in the displacement classes. Sometimes like the upcoming Haw Creek Hare Scrambles they have a Fun Run the end of the day Saturday where you can run a lap on the Saturday trail without being in a race. This is a nice way to try out the trail.

If you join FTR now I think your membership will get you through the end of this season and include all of next season. We have one MX remaining and 3 or 4 Hare Scrambles.

Hopefully we will see you at the races.

If you have any additonal questions feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help.

Ken Doeg
DDR
Sponsors:
Twin Air
Dunlop
VortexStepUpMX Graphics