Dr. Still Bill's wild ride........

Thomas McGinity

Just in case anyone can confirm this, Dr. Still Bill (head coach of the "Hell's Canyon" Racing Team, the proprietor of signature hot sauce and large presence at any gathering), claims to have been running in first place for the first time ever just before auguring into the soil somewhere on the first lap around mile 1.8 or so at the 2012 Hare Scramble in Myakka, FL.
The local Gainesville news teams are intrigued, but hesitant to run the story until confirmation that Bill did, in fact, lead the large class of Master C.
Bill has announced his fuzzy recall that that a few riders in front of him zigged when they should have zagged and ran astray leaving our potential super hero in first for what seemed like minutes. Then he claims to have encountered a dozer like encounter from the rear which cleaned him off course to take the soil sample close up.
Today's inspection by the proper personnel revealed a dislocated shoulder and grade 3 acromial/clavicular separation in the starboard wing (for true).
Bill has vowed to return as quickly as possible and may even consider the possibility of thinking about physical therapy or at least trying some push ups maybe in the future. He is also curious as to if anyone can fill him in on the details of the crash as it was a touching encounter in an open field section.
So give a toast to Bill. He loves almost everyone most all the time.

David Jay

I watched him replace a spark plug in the pits,goracing he must have got the holeshot. Hope he is ok, us old guys don't bounce !

Mike Belle

Get well soon Bill. However, if he remembers being in the lead, it was probably because he was off the course! hilas

getw

Mike

Rocky Gavins

Bill do a push up?

The closest he has ever been to a gym was a guy named Jim who tended bar at the local watering hole back home. rof1

Get well soon ole buddy.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
He didn't spill his beer did he?

Get well soon Bill!!
No, my CamelBack landed intact and still cold.

It was actually around mile 0.5 though, and I was definitely leading!

Rocky? Who?

I know there has to be a video out there somewhere.

Add clavical fracture to list of maladies.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
I got jammed into the MRI tunnel tonight. Lady said my shoulders too wide, so I had to lay with my good arm over my head like Lady Liberty for 30 minutes! My good shoulder ached like a ???, my face itched the whole time, other parts itched, I about freaked out. Closed my eyes and pretended I was racing and only had 7 miles to go. I finally pussed-out and pressed the panic bbutton - at the same second they finished! Never again! Open MRU only. Feeling alot better, but fearing i might be rotator surgery.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Here's what it looks like today (6 days later). The bruise is all from what drained down from deep in my shoulder.

Dan thaler

wow. that looks painful. saw you come our on the rhino, but didn't see what happened in the race. get well soon

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Update: Got MRI results, and I am scheduled for rotator cuff (and more) surgery next week - Out for Season!

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Surgery went well. Took 4.5 hours!!!! Hurt bad first day, but feel much better each day. Finally got good sleep last night, and appetite is back.