HELP!! In need of old man wisdom!

cole kitchen

no news. I was promised calls back & never got any....

Ktm protocol says the shop must keep all parts for X amount of days. So I will be looking them over. I don't doubt your suspicions because I have the same feeling, but even if that is the case. There's nothing I can do. I've called emailed & made post on social media to Ktm about all this & they clearly could care less.

Like I said in my previous post, I have some covert OP things going.so I'm going to put my faith in the man behind it all & hope for the best. Say a little prayer for me!!

deadh1 deadh1 deadh1
K T M

Shaun Foutch

Cole,

Don't threaten the shop or manufacturer on Social Media. As we discussed, if they don't call as they committed to, document and you call them. Do NOT wait for them to call. You are not their only consumer. To get attention and resolution, you need to call them. Stay professional and deal with the facts. Don't let emotion cloud your thinking.

When you do speak to the shop or manufacturer. Get an agreement during the call when you will receive an update. Don't leave it with, "we'll call you". Ensure you get a commitment before you hang up when they will call. Even if they have to call you with no new info, make sure they commit to making the call. If they don't then you call them...

M

matt oatway

Since this post I've made frenda with a fella & I'm fairly certain he knows the right people. For the first time I feel like I may get this resolved hopefully I'll be able to come back on here to tell everyone my KTM nightmare turned into the best dream possible. Fingers crossed!
Have ta tease just a little. It's page 5 afterall......LOL:

I hope your covert OP buddy will be turning your bike into one of these (aka:best dreams possible). Hey look electric start and forks that have an A kit copy in them and old school fork springs.

GO HONDA!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwhfWWtD9HE&app=desktop

http://www.mcnews.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-honda-cRF450r0-HMC29378-2017-CRF450R-Spec-Sheet_V4_HR-1-1024x868.jpg <------Looks like it is time for Ian to spend some of his little boat money on a new bike.

Last edited:

cole kitchen

I wouldn't threaten a place & leave a paper trail, muHaha they'll never see it coming... KIDDING
This was prior talking with you, & it was more like a beg for help. In a high pitched whinny tone Idk, it's a millennial trait

that bike looks reall nice! So do the Yamaha FXs, wish they both would get on the black rim trend.

Last edited:
M

matt oatway

that bike looks reall nice! So do the Yamaha FXs, wish they both would get on the black rim trend.
Wait until ya see the CRF450RX. Its the woods addition. Bigger tank and other goodies. It is not the CRF450X. It's a new line of CRF. I hope it doesn't hinder Ian's retirement plans...... LOL

Install these and the Honda is still less expensive......... https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1071/42645/Tusk-Impact-Complete-Front-Rear-Wheel-Kit

Add a $200 cam and ya get a KTM destroyer and the Honda is still less expensive.......Oh yeah. Wait for it.............IT HAS A CHEATER BUTTON<-----happy caps and 2 THUMBS UP

Last edited:

ROBERT D'ANGELO

No doubt mistakes happen. However this guy must have been a service manager at aamco. Rtv plugging up a valve causing the tranny to lock up. Sorry but i dont buy it. More then likely a small part forgotten or put in wrong.....but mistakes happen. Bs explanations dont help. Have him describe this problem with the plugged valve, i would love to hear it. Maybe have him show you the "valve". Lol.
Some 4 stroke transmissions do have oil pumping to the free wheeling gears.So lets just say an oil passage did get RTV'ed,then wouldn't something have seized and locked up the trans?Then why were only gaskets ordered?

cole kitchen

Well fellas. My man on the inside got the job done!!
The dealer got all my parts shipped over night with a few extras!
I'm extremely greatful this is turning around. Next step is to put it all together & go riding. Once I've ripped it up a few times I'll let you all know how it is!
A huge thank you to Greg Davis. If you didn't decide to help me id still be banging my head against the wall! Also Shaun Thank you for all the advise man. I really appreciate both of y'all taking time out of your day just to help me. Means a lot, & I'm glad FTR has these kind of dudes in it!

Last edited:

ROBERT D'ANGELO

I hope you'll be getting your bike back today since they got the parts a couple days ago.It is nice to have FTR members willing to help.I still don't understand why you have to know someone in order to Red Label KTM parts.I also think after all they put you through they should tell you exactly what happened in case of any further problem.It wouldn't be good if it locked up again in the middle of a race at a bad spot.I just hate to see something happen to a racer because of someone else's fault.