Proposal to add “C”, or Novice designations to the existing Silver Master (+55), and Golden Master (+60) classes.

FTR Family,

This weekend I will be presenting a proposal to add two additional classes to the current Hare Scramble racing schedule. This proposal will be to add Novice or “C” designations to the Silver Master (55+) and Golden Master (60+) classes.

I have been approached by many advanced riders within the last six months that have quit racing and/or dropped out of FTR completely because they have achieved advanced age and don’t want to ride in the Silver Master and Golden Master classes with an “A” or “B” designation. There are lots of issues that riders face at advanced age that I won’t go into here, just suffice it to say, there are many riders that aren’t riding now and they would like to. Some of these riders have urged me to present this proposal and at their request, I have written it and will present it at the first Hare Scramble Committee meeting this season.

Frankly, if you don’t support this proposal, I really don’t want to hear about it and will pretty much ignore any negative comments, BUT, if you are in favor of it, PLEASE SEND A EMAIL to budsipad@gmail.com just saying that you support this proposal. I have already gotten almost complete support from entire clubs supporting the proposal and just would like as much additional support to present at the Hare Scramble Committee Meeting this weekend as possible.

Thank you!

Buddy

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
An alternative might be to reduce the Advancement Points required for B-->A promotion from 45 to 35 for GMB and SMB classes. That would move the faster B riders out sooner.

Mel Cunningham

Bill,

I don’t quite understand the reasoning behind creating another class for this group. I rode SM-b and plan on riding a couple GM-b classes, and am a mid-pack guy at best, so WHY do we need a C class at this age. It’s not going to make it safer or relief congestion so I guess a trophy means more to some than others??

I like your idea but “let the sandbagging” commence...I’ll bring my shovel!

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Bill,

I don’t quite understand the reasoning behind creating another class for this group. I rode SM-b and plan on riding a couple GM-b classes, and am a mid-pack guy at best, so WHY do we need a C class at this age. It’s not going to make it safer or relief congestion so I guess a trophy means more to some than others??

I like your idea but “let the sandbagging” commence...I’ll bring my shovel!
I agree 100% - It's not my idea. Or,maybe you meant to say Buddy, not Bill?

Thomas Glancy

Maybe it's not the Trophy but the feeling that you could be "competitive" with guys of your age and skill. I am a mid-pack GMB rider and I shoot for a top 10 at best, but if a C class brought in more guys that are C+/B- Riders it might make it more fun.

Mel Cunningham

I get what is trying to be accomplished with this proposal. Unfortunately, all that will happen is the "slow" B guys will move down to C class and, guys like us, may improve by 2-3 positions. This game has been going on as long as racing has been happening.

Let's just be happy we can still race at 60+ and try to figure out where the fast guys are beating us. I know my issue is my right hand refuses to turn the throttle all the way...

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
I get what is trying to be accomplished with this proposal. Unfortunately, all that will happen is the "slow" B guys will move down to C class and, guys like us, may improve by 2-3 positions. This game has been going on as long as racing has been happening.

Let's just be happy we can still race at 60+ and try to figure out where the fast guys are beating us. I know my issue is my right hand refuses to turn the throttle all the way...
One can't just "move down" from B to C. Would require a new rule. Would need to be filled by Mater-C guys who are age-eligible.

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
This proposal previously passed Hare Scramble Committee; however, it did not pass on the second vote- primarily due to uncertainty regarding row assignments. Now that the proposal to move Vet class to the Sunday PM race, there should be less rows in the morning race, making it easier to fit this current proposal. The proposer was encouraged to re-submit the proposal at the next HS Committee meeting, and it still has a chance to pass for next year, as there are 2 HS meetings left.