Secondary Insurance

David Schumacher

FTR Family,

I have medical insurance, short and long term insurance at work. My short term covers 66.67% for up to 26 weeks I believe. My question is what's a good insurance company that can help fill in the gaps with the medical and the short/long term coverage that I already have.

I've been looking around but would like to hear from people who have had good or bad experiences.

Thanks in advance for the help,

David Schumacher

I've heard nothing positive about Aflac that's why I'm asking if anyone has had a good experience. I figured who better to ask than people who do this all the time.

Eric Boggs

My co-worker got lymphoma and said aflac saved her ???. Aflac was in addition to our standard work insurance.

Michael Jones

I have Aflac disability and accidental. They pay out just like they say they will. But pay out what the doctors writes on the form. for me I have made out very well with it. Just got a check for $700 for being sick for 3 weeks even though I was still paid at work.

Wade Stoner

I just broke my hand at the last race. I have AFLAC on top of my medical insurance. Having surgery on Monday to pin. I'll let you know how it works out. Unfortunately my season is over

Shaun Foutch

I just broke my hand at the last race. I have AFLAC on top of my medical insurance. Having surgery on Monday to pin. I'll let you know how it works out. Unfortunately my season is over
Wade,

So sorry to hear! Is it the hand or finger? Remind me, what did you hit? Hell of a race for you to finish with a break. Still smoked me!!

David Schumacher

Sorry to hear that Wade. I hope everything goes well and heals quick. I hate anyone getting hurt but that's why I want to have something just in case. Thanks for posting.

Wade Stoner

Yes, Its my right pinkie finger. Its fractured in multiple places near the knuckle. The surgery is to have it pinned so it will point in the correct direction. Who would think all this over a pinkie when you hear what Roczen is going thru. I will definitely be going back to the "BARK BUSTER" style hand guards. I was running the "Flag" type brush guards. bboo

Shaun Foutch

Yes, Its my right pinkie finger. Its fractured in multiple places near the knuckle. The surgery is to have it pinned so it will point in the correct direction. Who would think all this over a pinkie when you hear what Roczen is going thru. I will definitely be going back to the "BARK BUSTER" style hand guards. I was running the "Flag" type brush guards. bboo
Glad to hear it is "only" a finger. Yep, full guards are the way to go. Heal quick my friend!

Wade Stoner

David, Thanks for your thoughts. Everything went well. Two pins and a cast for 3 - 4 weeks then a removable soft cast. Just ready to have my hand back. At least Kassie is learning how to help with her bike. lgrand