Seeking a Premodern bike.

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
My Son and I are looking for a premodern bike for the upcoming race season. We would prefer a 98 or up YZ250, as I have fairly extensive experience with the brand, but we are willing to consider other options. If you know the whereabouts of a good premodern bike that won't break the bank to get back into race shape, we would appreciate notice. Please also, spread the word. Thanking you very much in advance.

Robert Breakfield

Hello, I have a '99 Kawasaki KX250 in good shape. I raced it in both super senior B and master B up until last season when I decided to get a new bike. Nothing wrong with the KX, I just decided to enjoy a new bike with fuel injection and electric start in my old age (2019 Yamaha wr250f). The KX has a few woods oriented upgrades, it has an 18" rear wheel, steering damper, auto clutch, spark arrestor, and a trail tech computer. Since I got the new bike, the KX doesn't get ridden much, it mostly sits in the garage now. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to ride and maintain two bikes. I wasn't actively trying to sell it, but if a fellow ftr member was interested I would take somewhere around $2500 for it. Thanks and take care. Hopefully this covid situation will get better and we will get to race again soon.
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
Abigailmeltonphotography1745-X3.jpg
AMS_0190-X3.jpg
28795684_10216156002921061_5551052437510917585_n.jpg

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
Really appreciate both responders. I haven't checked this post for a few days, so I am glad to see some options here. I'll be in touch.

Michael Rewis

NOMAD RACING
Robert, your bike is beautiful. We aren't looking to spend quite so much for a 4th race bike in our stable. Made a deal with Will, picking the bike up tomorrow. I'm certain you won't have any issues getting it sold should you choose to put it up for sale. Best of luck to you.

Robert Breakfield

Robert, your bike is beautiful. We aren't looking to spend quite so much for a 4th race bike in our stable. Made a deal with Will, picking the bike up tomorrow. I'm certain you won't have any issues getting it sold should you choose to put it up for sale. Best of luck to you.
Micheal, sorry for the delay in responding, we are on vacation in Tennessee right now so not checking the forum regularly. Congrats on the Honda, the mid 90’s cr250’s were some of the best 250 two strokes Honda ever made in my opinion, they were great bikes. Finding one in good shape, you can’t go wrong there. No worries with my KX, I’ll get around to selling it one day but I’m not in a hurry. Take care.