Nagging injuries!

Shaun Foutch

Just a little bit of venting. Not expecting any answers (unless you have them) but just a "bitch" session...

My back has been bothering me for over a month now. Seems to get better then the next day I can't stand straight or sit up...

I think I have "tennis" elbow in my right arm. Can't do anything with a twisting motion...

Pulled a right groin and have a hard time lifting my right leg. Really affects me in mud for sure...

My right ankle is giving me problems, even with new boots...

It really s u c k s getting old! I tell my sons to run, jump, fall, play, etc. now because they'll miss it later...

One of my sons told me not to ride the last two races, but what else would I do? Ha!

OK, just a little rant that I'm done with now... Did I say it stinks getting old?

I have so much respect for my classmates, and the "elder" classes as well. Good job fellas for getting out there and getting your game on! goracing

Ty Thomas

Ha!

One of the guys I worked with competed in the Ironman triathlon at 60 yrs old. He saw me limpin' around and said "Quit yer whinin' Junior! You ain't seen nothin' yet!" rof1

Steve Smith

Man, you desk jockeys are all the same rof1 You haven't even gotten old yet! Aren't you one of the youngest in the class? No really, it's all part of the game. Just gotta hang in there & deal with it all. Some days something will hurt & you can't remember if it's a new or old hurt. popc Remember I owe ya a beer at the meeting.......

Shaun Foutch

Steve,

Yep, I'm the "baby" of the goup and I sound like one too with my whining!

Bring a big flash drive so I can copy the raw video for you. I'm guessing at least 10 GB! You're in a lot of video... Or I can edit it down just to make you the STAR...

Kevin Vaughan

Treasurer FTR
My lower back has become a problem recently. Both my elbows hurt (inside and out) all the time. I love getting oldtnpe I am continuously trying to overcome these ailments eexbikesitu1

Steve Smith

Alot of my stuff hurts at work but it's much better after a 2hr motorcycle massage session, just sayin'.............

M

matt oatway

I have had major surgerys on knees and shoulders. I always thought those would have retired me from dirtbikes by now. After being impaled and still "Heck No Way I'm Quitting." But some stretched out thumbs from crashing. That stretched thumbs all the way back to the elbow to many times has left a painful feeling in my thumbs that seems to never want to go away. It could retire me. Hitch hiking is now out of the question.

Last edited:

Victor Vilchez

I have had major surgerys on knees and shoulders. I always thought those would have retired me from dirtbikes by now. After being impaled and still "Heck No Way I'm Quitting." But some stretched out thumbs from crashing. That stretched thumbs all the way back to the elbow to many times has left a painful feeling in my thumbs that seems to never want to go away. It could retire me. Hitch hiking is now out of the question.
Hi Matt,

Maybe if you were riding a Suzuki you would not crash and get hurt, IMO. rof1rof1
xmasdancexmasdancexmasdance

Victor Vilchez
Master C 75c

ed lukosavich

Try one of those inversion tables for back relief & Tempurpedic bed helped me. Maybe deep massage or Aleave pain pills for other ailments.

M

matt oatway

Hi Matt,

Maybe if you were riding a Suzuki you would not crash and get hurt, IMO. rof1rof1
xmasdancexmasdancexmasdance

Victor Vilchez
Master C 75c
My old RM's are what I was riding that help cause me to get some of those surgery's. No ortho surgery's with my Hondas just 5 days of ICU due to high speed tree jousting(bad idea). No thumb damage there as I flew backwards. LOL

Aleve every 12 hours mixed with Advil every 4 hours works awesome for most ailments. If you are really messed up and that wont work. A nice tall glass of Wild Turkey on Ice should do the job way better than any nasty ole hard core pain killers.

Last edited:

Troy Stainbrook

In all seriousness Shaun there will come a time when you just have to take a break and let everything heal up. I didn't say stop moving, just change gears for a bit. My shoulder has kept me from racing much this year plus I'm just burned out. I can finally sleep on my left side so not in a hurry to lose that...ha!

ROBERT D'ANGELO

Ed,

I've asked Santa for an inversion table for Christmas!
The back pain is not soar muscles so stretching dosen't help that much until after it feel better.It's a bulging disc that gives you the pain,I use my kidney belt and ice pack for a week after the race and ibuprofen.I had back surgery 15 years ago i'm the king of living with back pain

T

Tom Anderson

I tell my wife after every race that I have a "good" fall, that I had a nice adjustment. I can not get a good back cracking any other way.

That is a good part of my falling. Some of the falls are not so pleasureable though.

Especially the ones that are in the middle of the woods and those things that are made of wood sticking up out of the ground hit me. (No idea how they jump in front of me so fast).rof1

Jimmy Pitts

I enjoy watching the antics of some of the injured players in college football games. Stay with me, I am going somewhere with this...The player gets a little boo-boo and lies on the field until the team doc, the trainer,or some chick comes and rubs on it--- and he is still looking around making sure the camera is rolling, while calling for mamma. He doesn't move until he has everyone's attention; then up he jumps and back he jogs to the bench. I can only think, "He is not going to be happy if he takes up off road motorcycle racing!" No mamma, no chick, no doc,no trainer ready to soothe his hurt.bikehbikehbikehbikeh

Last edited:

Shaun Foutch

I enjoy watching the antics of some of the injured players in college football games. Stay with me, I am going somewhere with this...The player gets a little boo-boo and lies on the field until the team doc, the trainer,or some chick comes and rubs on it--- and he is still looking around making sure the camera is rolling, while calling for mamma. He doesn't move until he has everyone's attention; then up he jumps and back he jogs to the bench. I can only think, "He is not going to be happy if he takes up off road motorcycle racing!" No mamma, no chick, no doc,no trainer ready to soothe his hurt.bikehbikehbikehbikeh
Jimmy, so true, so true! We roll around in the dirt/mud out in the middle of nowhere, all alone and think, "crap, how will I get home!"

Jimmy, did you say you're going to the next race?

Donny Richardson

Rider Safety Coordinator
FTR Official
Shaun, after much discussion we were going to suggest you get one of them rockers from Cracker Barrel, a knitting needle and some yarn and get to knitting......then came the realization that you would fall out of the rocker and stab yourself with the needle and have to call EMS.........rof1
Second option since you just spent all that money on a new bike and all is lots and lots of bubble wrap, some duct tape and a set of training wheels .....that should keep you up right and safe.........good2