Nagging injuries!

Troy Stainbrook

Shaun, after much discussion we were going to suggest you get one of them rockers from Cracker Barrel, a knitting needle and some yarn and get to knitting......then came the realization that you would fall out of the rocker and stab yourself with the needle and have to call EMS.........rof1
Second option since you just spent all that money on a new bike and all is lots and lots of bubble wrap, some duct tape and a set of training wheels .....that should keep you up right and safe.........good2
I'm picturing this is how Shaun's mom sent him out to play as a kid.

L

Lee Smith

Shaun, after years of playing sports, it has finally caught up to me. But, I think that is the price you pay for the few of us that refuse to (hang up the cleats). Then again you sound like a complete mess. I think all of us above 40 yrs are exceptional athletes to do what we do. That is why I hate all of this C class vs. B & A class BS. We should all be proud that we are still out there competing.

Shaun Foutch

Shaun, after years of playing sports, it has finally caught up to me. But, I think that is the price you pay for the few of us that refuse to (hang up the cleats). Then again you sound like a complete mess. I think all of us above 40 yrs are exceptional athletes to do what we do. That is why I hate all of this C class vs. B & A class BS. We should all be proud that we are still out there competing.
Wow Lee, you went back almost a year to dig this thread up? Were you bored or something? LOL!!

Hey, you're having a great start to the season so far. I hope you can attend more regularly as you're killing it! Keep it up brother!!

Maritta Selina

Nagging injuries

Hi, I can relate to what you have been experiencing, although, I don't think it as I am getting older. Anyway, I also have back pains most of the time perhaps because of working infront of a computer for several hours and you know it really disturbs me. All I do is to get a massage and drink vitamins so as not to worsen my condition. I also thought of going to the doctor to have it check so that I can be sure because they know better:)

Allan Santor

Gettin' older

I knew getting older was going to stink, I just didn't know it was going to be so painful. Maybe we could have a motorized wheel chair class soon. ohsnap

Troy Weeks

Alot of my stuff hurts at work but it's much better after a 2hr motorcycle massage session, just sayin'.............
I agree this seems to be the case with my 2012 broke left knee. Unfortunately the "FEEL GOOD" feeling only last a day or 2 then back to the pain locker every day. Now the 2013 colar bone is a different story. Riding seems to pound on it and make it sore.

Troy Weeks

I enjoy watching the antics of some of the injured players in college football games. Stay with me, I am going somewhere with this...The player gets a little boo-boo and lies on the field until the team doc, the trainer,or some chick comes and rubs on it--- and he is still looking around making sure the camera is rolling, while calling for mamma. He doesn't move until he has everyone's attention; then up he jumps and back he jogs to the bench. I can only think, "He is not going to be happy if he takes up off road motorcycle racing!" No mamma, no chick, no doc,no trainer ready to soothe his hurt.bikehbikehbikehbikeh
What about those soccer players?

Dr! Still Bill

Administrator
Club Representative
Well, I broke my fibula and tore my ankle ligaments at DDR race. Waited 5 weeks for the "sprain" to heal, and finally went to doctor. Surgery, 8 screws and plate. Cast for 6 weeks???!!! Took cast off myself after 3, but wearing air-boot during day. No weight bearing allowed. 10 days to go.

Injured shoulder doing yard work a few weeks after ankle. Using crutches aggravated it - doc says it probably needs surgery.

Knee is sore from using "kneeler - wheeler".

Trigger finger on hand is getting worse, hurts like heck and needs surgery.

Haven't been on bike since Palatka race (with broken ankle).

Sure is nice to swim again since I removed cast.